Monday, August 19, 2013

Furloughed

I won't politicize my blog, here, or express opinions my employer might not like.  Or talk about sequestration, the continuing resolution (or lack thereof), or the state of the federal budget in general.  Or, unintended consequences or hidden, soft costs.

I'm furloughed today.  I can't go in to work, though I have piles to do (I'm still the guy responsible for seeing to a smooth start to the school year at my school), can't check my email, and can't answer my work cell phone.  Tomorrow morning, I'll start sorting through all of that.  First thing.  Early.

I'm also off school (my school, the school I'm attending) for this one week.  I'm pulled in so many directions.  A short "found" day.  Run some errands.  Spend a little extra time paying attention to my wife and kids.  Catch up on a little reading.  Go for a walk. Blog. Watch a rerun of West Wing.  Work on my Creighton EdD portfolio (a program requirement, I need to update). 

Tomorrow will be a whirlwind.  Today, I'm laying low.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I❤️cORvallis!

The last couple of posts were about roundabouts.  Traffic circles.  Like the one at the intersection of West Hills and 53rd.  The only round...