Thursday, October 17, 2019

I❤️cORvallis!

The last couple of posts were about roundabouts.  Traffic circles.  Like the one at the intersection of West Hills and 53rd.  The only roundabout in Corvallis.  There was one at 10th and Grant, but it was demolished—years before our family arrived here.  I like roundabouts, having spent years of my life (a third of it in fact, I just did the math) overseas where roundabouts abound.  They are faster, safer, and more efficient, if you use them correctly.

But, I don’t really want to talk about physical roundabouts; I want to talk about the extended metaphor in my prior posts.  We’ve exited.  Perhaps we’ve even parked the car.  We are here in Corvallis, Oregon, and life is good.  Exceptionally good.

I’ve become a Realtor®️.  I’m at the best brokerage in town.  In the valley, if you ask me.  I love what I’m doing: leveraging my knowledge from personal transactions (and for over a year, now, from daily study and analysis), helping people buy and sell real estate as painlessly and profitably as possible.  I’m still an educator, and I love what I’m doing.  (I’m also directing a couple of music ensembles, and still supervising student teachers, on a part-time basis, for a university).  Arlee is writing, and involving herself in community theater.  Life is good.  Did I mention?

We did our research, and chose Corvallis intentionally.  We thought we would like it here, but, it just keeps getting better and better, as we dig in.  And I’m happier and healthier than I’ve been in years.  Turns out (Twain’s boiling frog) I was stressed out, and not even fully aware.  Now I’m choosing my own hours, and my own associations.  I’m in a business that focuses in large part on building and nurturing relationships (fun and rewarding).

So, thank God for the (metaphorical) roundabouts, and for the road finally taken (it made all the difference!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I❤️cORvallis!

The last couple of posts were about roundabouts.  Traffic circles.  Like the one at the intersection of West Hills and 53rd.  The only round...